Monday, 21 January 2013

There’s a spider on the car, on the car…


So here I am being all brave thinking I’m helping my friend Camille get a what we thought was dead spider off of the inside of her trunk so I go and flick it with a beach toy and it starts to move along side the car and is now three times its size. Yikes! I may have let out a little scream.  I’m also told that there is a tarantula season here;/ Anyways, still happy that it was outside and no abnormal insects have been found in our place as of yet.
Have you ever heard of puddle jumpers? Well I hadn’t or I had but didn't know what the big deal was when someone recommended them to me. I thought we didn’t need them because we have life jackets. No, you need puddle jumpers! They are amazing. The kids can swim independently; the puddle jumpers allow them to stay upright opposed to falling backwards when wearing a life jacket. Eli is still hesitant to go on his own, but Krysten is running in the ocean and swimming around like a little fish. They are great, and I’m thankful for our friends for introducing them to us.
We are getting used to our new schedule and although Monty is gone a lot, it doesn’t feel so bad since we see him for Breakfast lunch and dinner. He is starting to prepare for his first set of block exams.
 No car yet, but we sure are getting our exercise! 



2 comments:

  1. Welcome to the world of banana spiders! They rest in scrunched up positions and they will also play dead in that position, but they are fast critters! They can bite but only when feeling threatened. Happy spidering :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. are the puddle jumpers blow up or are they made from the same stuff as life jackets? looks fun. Can you spray your foundation to your house to guard off spiders? works with hobo spiders here

    ReplyDelete