Thursday, 31 January 2013

The one month mark!


One month down and only 19 to go. But who's counting:) No, really I can’t believe how fast the last four weeks have gone. We are having a great time here and I'm surprised at how well we all have adjusted to this new life. We have made some great friends and are keeping busy everyday. Monty did well on his first set of block exams so I guess we will stay.


 What a scrub!

Of course the day I confirm that I still haven’t seen any bugs in our place is the day I do! Totally jinxed myself;) So anyways, yes there was a very large cockroach on the floor in Krysten’s bathroom, I went in to turn a night light on and there it was, I didn’t get a very good look at it as I ran out of the room quite quickly to go tell Monty. I was very thankful that he was home and I handed him the “bop” bug insecticide and he went in to kill the beast. After a couple sprays, it was dead and he discarded the bug outside. Sorry no pictures, but it was at least 3 inches long, I am still trying to get the image out of my head;) Then the next day there was a little one in the same area, I killed the critter and flushed it down the toilet. Needless to say we did some major spraying and hopefully the creepy crawlies will stay away!

Since Monty is so busy with studying he has left the car hunt up to me, the last one fell through. A few nights ago as we are walking home from the park I get a phone call from one of the guys we have been talking to who is a mechanic and he had a car for me to look at, he comes and picks myself and the kids up, stroller and all, and takes us to see the car. We give it a test drive and then the guy who owns the car gives us a ride home. The next day the owner of the car picks the kids and I up and takes us to get insurance and plates for the car, only in Statia:) We love our new little car and as you can see the kids have found their favourite seat in the trunk. Don't worry Mum they can't open the trunk from the inside. Monty still can't believe I bought a car without him checking it out first, hopefully it's not a lemon.

 The locals are so friendly here, while playing at the park yesterday a lady brought over some fresh coconut water and half a coconut.


3 comments:

  1. I think the safest is when the kids CAN open the trunk from the inside, isn't it!?
    Cute car! Cute kids! Cute man in scrubs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice pose Zoom! It's great that you guys are doing so well.

      Delete
  2. I love your little car! Zoom Zoom!

    ReplyDelete