Sunday, 22 June 2014

White Coat, Rounds and Student Spotlight...

Every new term our school has a white coat ceremony, which I'm informed is a fairly new tradition that marks the students transition from pre-medicne to medical school. Monty was asked to speak at the latest ceremony. I wish I could have been there but I heard his was the best of the night;)





Monty is well into the swing of things in his final term here in the Caribbean. Only 52 more days left but who's counting? We could not be more proud of all his hard work.
During 5th term, students take Pathology 2, ICM, and review. During ICM (introduction to clinical medicine) Monty has the opportunity to go to the St. Maarten hospital where he and the others in his group are presented a case from the Dr. and given the patients signs/symptoms, then they have to determine what the problem is and answer further questions from the Dr. in charge. So far Monty has worked with Doctors in Surgery, OB/GYN, PEDS, and Internal medicine. Monty has not decided if he wants to specialize, and is still working towards being a GP.








Since moving to St. Maarten last August the school has undergone a lot of changes, and they are working hard on updating their website and have had photographers and videographers filming the students a lot last term. Here is the link to Monty's student spotlight. Enjoy!

The "Green" Team!






No comments:

Post a Comment