I think enough time has passed that I can post about Krysten's tarantula story. One morning I asked the kids to go and get their shoes on as we were heading out the door to pick up a friend. A minute later I hear a scream and Krysten calling for me. She runs into the house hysterical, screaming and crying. I told her to calm down and she said a tarantula bit her. For real, so I gave her hug and calmed her down as much as I could and then I put her on the couch to go and see if the spider was still on the deck. Oh and Eli was freaking out as well during all of this. Lo and behold the biggest spider I had ever seen was a foot away from Krysten's shoe. He apparently liked her pink croc and slept in it for the night and did not like being poked by Krysten's toes. She got a little bite on her fourth toe, no bigger than two bee stings. Luckily tarantulas are not poisonous, their venom is compared to a bee sting. I grabbed the bop and killed the guy, he walked off slowly never to be seen again. We were all a little traumatized for a bit there, I had trouble sleeping that night and Im sure Krysten did too. Krysten didn't wear her pink crocs for a while;)


No comments:
Post a Comment